MAJOR WINTER STORM LATE TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY EVENING
The National Weather Service has issued the following weather alerts for the northeast region. The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a Blizzard
Warning, which is in effect from midnight tonight to midnight EDT
Tuesday night. Chelsea Technologies is sending this notification to its customers as courtesy so they are aware of conditions. No impact is expected to the data centers.
* Locations…Metropolitan New York City and New Jersey, Western Long Island, Southern Westchester, Southern Fairfield, Southern New Haven, Northern Middlesex, and Northern New London counties.
* Hazard Types…Heavy Snow and Blizzard Conditions. Snow may mix with or change to sleet and rain across southern and eastern coastal areas late Tuesday morning into Tuesday afternoon.
* Snow Accumulations…12 to 20 inches…highest amounts to the north and west.
* Snowfall Rates…2 to 4 inches per hour early Tuesday morning into early Tuesday afternoon.
* Timing…Late tonight into Tuesday evening.
* Impacts…Dangerous travel due to whiteout conditions at times. Several roads may become impassable. Power outages possible. Damaging wind gusts possible across Long Island and coastal Connecticut.
* Winds…Northeast 25 to 35 mph with gusts 40 to 55 mph on Tuesday. Highest winds across coastal areas.
* Temperatures…In the upper 20s.
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout
conditions…making travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If
you must travel…have a winter survival kit with you. If you get
stranded…stay with your vehicle.
What Can You Do To Be Prepared?
Test your system before leaving the office! It is better to be prepared for disruptions before they happen. Follow the steps below to ensure your employees are able to be productive from home.
1. Remote Access: Make sure all employees are able to remotely access your system from home.
2. Test your Phones: Set up call forwarding from your office phone to your cell phone. Test your phone before you leave the office! Make sure you are able to place an outbound call and receive an inbound call.
3. File Access: Ensure every employee is able to access your mapped and shared drives.
We are closely monitoring the storm and will keep you updated as it progresses.
Chelsea Technologies will be operating on Tuesday, March 14th. Please call the Help Desk at (212) 964-3900 or e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org.